I want this blog to INSPIRE your CREATIVE side as we EXPLORE our PASSION together!

Monday, March 28, 2011

Baby Card - Baby Boy and Girl Turtles




I realized I have no baby cards in my stash, so I decided to make some baby cards this weekend. I got this shear ribbon at the dollar store. I didn't get that many colors because I wasn't sure how I would like it. Actually, tying bows with it the way Janice teaches at Cricutology is awesome. She shows on her blog how to tie them around an acrylic block first. What I did was tie my bow that way, but when I added it to my card, I first used a solid blue ribbon going across, then put the shear ribbon right over that. It fills in some color behind it but also you can still see the shimmer. And of course you can see lots of shimmer with the actual bow. I just liked the look better with the solid color behind it. I made these cute turtles from Create a Critter. I added the green buttons along with the pink and blue ones because the patterned paper had some green in it too. These cards are pretty simple but so cute and so perfect to say hello to a new little one. Hope you enjoy.

11 comments:

Chloe and Her Clip On Koalas said...

Oh Christina!!!! So adorable!!! I love them and the colours you chose are perfect!

Sharon said...

These are wonderful Christina!! Love them!!! :)

Debbie said...

these cards are so amazing I love them so cute tfs Debbie

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super sweet, love the shells!

Live Love and Scrap said...

Oh my goodness...what sweet cards!!! SOOOO cute =)

hugs,
Sarah

Savahanna said...

Wow Cristina. These cards are so super adorable! I love them. And the embossing on the turtle shell is excellent

Cheryl said...

These cards are super sweet!

http://nanascreativeplace.blogspot.com

Jae said...

So cute! Love the turtles!

Jarna said...

Absolutley adorable cards!

Cricutjunkie said...

Ohhhh! how cute and what a great idea to make several. You can never have enough baby cards. TFS Traci

Scrappy Mel said...

Christina - these cards are soooo sweet! I love them! :)

>