I want this blog to INSPIRE your CREATIVE side as we EXPLORE our PASSION together!

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Mother's Day Card - Purple Flowers for Grandma


Here is the card that I made for my Grandma for Mother's Day. We celebrated Mother's Day and my birthday on the same day :). I made this pretty back ground paper using a 3x3 rubber cling stamp that I got that M's for a couple bucks. The rubber cling stamps are really nice. They stamp great and they mount on your blocks. Anyway I stamped it with Versamark ink and then used my violet/purple embossing powder and then my heat gun. I think you get a nicer background image when embossing rather than just stamping with colored dye inks. The nice thing about this, with a little creativity you can make it look like it was all one paper. I just cut those down to 2.5x2.5 and pieced 4 of them together, then used the ribbon to cover the seams. I kept the design for the front quite simple and used these sentiments from Scrappy Moms. I also used my Apron Lace at the top and bottom. And I am in love with the bling going around the circle. So pretty. My Gram really loves all the home made cards I make her. Hope you enjoy.

5 comments:

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Very pretty!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card! :-)

liz at liz's paper loft said...

so pretty!
liz :o)

scrappy critters said...

so beautiful Christina! I love how you added the "GRANDMA".. just perfect!!

♥Tammy

Mari AKA Momo said...

Absolutely beautiful!!! XOXO Momo

>