I want this blog to INSPIRE your CREATIVE side as we EXPLORE our PASSION together!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Scrappy Moms Sneak Peak # 5 - Rainbow


I am back with another sneak peak for the new Scrappy Moms Stamps Kids Incorporated...and I just love how this card turned out. I wanted to use this Rainbow from Simply Charmed and this cute sentiment. I thought they went well together. I didn't care for how the rainbow only had three colors, so I cut the single stripe layer two more times, in blue and purple and just sort of added them there to the side, using some tape to adhere them to the rest of it. I love how that looks much more than the three stripes and I wish they had made this to have more colors. Anyway, that is the nice thing about the Cricut, you can customize things to suit yourself and your own tastes.

Then for something different I used a light Core'dinations card stock that is textured and I took a sponge (I really need to grab some cheapies at the Dollar Store, I actually used the corner of a brand new Mr Clean Magic Eraser, HAHAHA) and inked it with my Teal Blue Staz-On ink. I love how it brightened it but yet it looks like the sky varies in color. I am happy with that technique. The other thing I thought I would do, is try something different with the tips of my grass, so I decided to make them look like they were wet with rain after the sky brightened up, leaving behind a rainbow. I thought that was pretty cool, so I used my Versmark to ink the tips and then some Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel and heated it. You have to do two layers other wise it looks crackled. So I did the two layers and the result is a super shiny wet looking grass. I think it looks pretty cool. Watch out when you do this though because the UTEE is a lot thicker and larger crystals and the heat gun can make them fly right off your paper even when it is inked.

So I hope you enjoy this cute sneak peak. Still haven't managed to make a Kid Related Card. That just goes to show how well you can use any of their stamp sets for so many things. I have two more sneak peaks for you, to be posted on Wed, and neither of them are kid related either.

Don't forget to hop on over to their website and purchase your very own set of Kids Incorporated!!!


3 comments:

Scrappy Mel said...

So very pretty! I love all the colors and that you added colors to the rainbow! What a great card! :)

Jarna said...

I just love how the clouds look. Very cute happy card.

bonnie said...

How sweet...love all those colours, how fun!! hugs x

>