I want this blog to INSPIRE your CREATIVE side as we EXPLORE our PASSION together!

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Three More Bookmarks-Quilled and Pretty


Three more bookmarks done. I am really enjoying making these. I made up 40 more bases so I have 40 more bookmarks of all colors to decorate. The cutting and folding and adhering the actual bookmark is the more boring part so I just decided to get that many ready. I use a 5.5 inch by 7.5 inch paper. I score it at 1.75 inches into each side on the longer side. Then adhere and fold it in three. This way it is triple thick and strong. I am using my quilled accents that I have been making while watching TV. I have a little bin full of quilled circles that I can turn into whatever I like as I go. Makes it really easy when just wanting to work on something simple like these pretty bookmarks.




I think the little spiral roses look very cute as a center piece to an off centered circle flower. The nice thing is that I get 2 bookmarks from 1 sheet of 8 and a half by 11 inch paper. When I get that on sale at the craft stores in packages, it does keep my cost on these down so that I can make a little profit. And the wonderful thing about quilling is that it is dirt cheap. My tools are going to last forever and they weren't even expensive really. And little narrow strips of paper is so low cost and the end result is something so beautiful! Can't wait to make some more bookmarks.

No comments:

>