I want this blog to INSPIRE your CREATIVE side as we EXPLORE our PASSION together!

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Birthday Card - Z Fold Lighthouse


My aunt needed a lighthouse birthday card for someone, so I wanted to try something different. First I madea 5.5x5.5 Z Fold Card. I love how it turned out. I used the bright yellow for my card base just to tie in the yellow from the sunshine. Then I used embossed white strips on the two narrow card folds to tie in the white from the card. I lined the inside with the same sky blue as the front of the card. Then I created my little scene. I decided to tear the paper for the waves and alternate a couple shades of blue. But I wanted to make it seem more realistic with the white tips of the waves, so what I did was I used my Versamark and rubbed it on the tips of the waves, and then I sprinkled white embossing powder onto it and used my heat gun. It really does look kind of foamy and natural, so I am really happy I did this extra step.

I am so happy with this card, hope you enjoy it too!

3 comments:

Paula Bee said...

I love the look of the waves! They look so real! :)

Bunnyfreak said...

Thanks for the tip on how to get foamy waves.

Sharon said...

Oh wow! The waves do look real!! What a fantastic idea. Such a wonderful wonderful card!! :)

>