I want this blog to INSPIRE your CREATIVE side as we EXPLORE our PASSION together!

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Scrappy Moms Challenge - Birthday Card - Dragonfly


I am so excited I was finally able to enter another Scrappy Moms Challenge. This time around you need to use the Paisley cartridge, or if you don't have that one you can use any similar cut. I have Paisley and it is like many of my cartridges...when I first get it, I make all the cuts I love and then it sits on my shelf, so it was nice to pull it out and play.

I made this pretty dragon fly and I apologize my stickles are still wet. Yes, I coated the entire wings and hearts with stickles! It is going to be so sparkly when it is dry, well it already is. I used a Scrappy Moms Sentiment...haven't ever used this one before.

So on my blue background paper I embossed it with Swiss Dots and then inked over it witha purple pigment ink and coated it with clear embossing powder and then used my heat gun. It made a purplish shiny texture to it and I think it looks pretty cool.

If you are interested in this challenge just head over to www.scrappymoms-stamps.blogspot.com

Hope you enjoy.

9 comments:

Charlotte said...

Your dragonfly is beautiful! I like that you added the Stickles and the rhinestones to jazz it up! That ribbon you used is perfect!!

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous dragonfly!! Love the stickles and embossing.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So nice! Love the bling!

liz at liz's paper loft said...

so cute and happy, love the stickled wings! thanks for playing with us at Scrappy Moms Stamps!
liz :o)

Scrappy Mel said...

What beautiful colors, Christina! I love the little face on the dragonfly! Such a pretty card - thanks for playing along with us at Scrappy Moms! :)

Paula Bee said...

I love these colors and I love the Stickles!! Very pretty card!

Joanna said...

Super cute! Love all the glitter!Thanks for playing with us at SMS Terrific Tuesday Challenge!

Pam said...

Super cute card! Very pretty and well done.

bonnie said...

Super sweet....love all the glitter! :) hugs x

>