I want this blog to INSPIRE your CREATIVE side as we EXPLORE our PASSION together!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Just Becase Card - Butterfly Ribbons


This past week I didn't have much energy for crafting after work, so I made a very simple card. I love to buy the pretty patterned ribbons from Michael's when they put them into the dollar bins, and I like to use them. You can do so many projects from one roll of ribbon. So this time I decided to use the ribbons as the main focus of my card and sort of make a patterned paper from it. I just used these 4 strips like this and the colors are so pretty. I love how it sets the background and adds so much for the card. I didn't want to take away from it, so I kept the rest simple. I just matted some layers for a sentiment and added some layered daisies that I did from a punch. That sentiment is nice and vibrant and really stands out against the ribbons. That is Scrappy Mom's for you. Another thing I love about the ribbons from Michael's is that they match their card stock perfectly too! This is a way to make some simple cards and use your ribbon as your main element. Hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

What an awesome idea!! Love that patterned ribbon and sentiment!! :)

>