I want this blog to INSPIRE your CREATIVE side as we EXPLORE our PASSION together!

Friday, December 17, 2010

Birthday Card - Flaunt it Friday Strawberry Lemonade


Welcome to week three for Flaunt it Fridays!!! This is my project for this time around. We were asked to make something using the lemonade glass and lemon from Simply Charmed. As soon as I saw this selection I knew I wanted to make a shape card. So I got my lovely Gyspy out and got to work. I welded the glass and then added another top layer so that you can't see that. I love to drink Strawberry lemonade so I decided that I had to make some. I took my Cherry Staz-On ink and dabbed it with a tissue then swirled it across my lemonade to give it that strawberry swirl. I decided to add some strawberries and I chose this one from Country Life. The only thing is that the strawberry had some extra layers I didn't find necessary and I eliminated them. Instead I cut the base in the green paper. I took the top red layer and I copied it and then I made the black layer just by hiding the contour on all the little seed cut outs. This way you can eliminate all those extra layers. I found it pretty easy. I knew I had to have a strawberry and a lemon wedge hanging off the rim of the glass so I made my own lemon wedge just using a circle maker and a little creativity. I just love how this card turned out and I topped it off with a Scrappy Moms Stamp which I love from their new set Simple Sentiments!

I hope you enjoy my project! I made this card to fit a 5x7 envelope! Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to head on over the FIF so you can join in for our challenge too!

3 comments:

Sharon said...

WOW! Wonderful card! :)

GlendaLea said...

Too cute, love it!
Glenda
glendalea.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

So pretty. Love the inking:)

Stephanie:)

>