I want this blog to INSPIRE your CREATIVE side as we EXPLORE our PASSION together!

Thursday, August 12, 2010

A Monkey Happy Birthday!


Oh this card is too cute!!! I just LOVE the monkey from the Create a Critter. He is so adorable. I wanted a brighter blue this time for my sky background and I made the clouds using a die cut that goes with my big shot. It is one of my favorites of the few dies I ever bought for that machine. I decided for an added touch to emboss the clouds with the Swiss Dots embossing folder. I love them that way. The vine is actually two pieces connected and I decided to quill the leaves. The grass is from a border punch and I love to layer it always with two colors of green. The little banana guys are just an added touch! I wanted them small and the little cut out mouth and eyes just did not turn out because it was so small so I used my small circle punch and gave them more of a round face which turned out just fine. I just adore this card. It looks like a 3D scene and the monkey is definitely front and center!

No comments:

>