I want this blog to INSPIRE your CREATIVE side as we EXPLORE our PASSION together!

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Happy Birthday Purple Buds on Vine Gate Card






I am very in love with this card now! I just made it tonight. I had this design in my head all day and just had to get started with it right away. I really love to make little flower buds and leaves on a vine as I think it is a really pretty and delicate design. Gate Cards are fun, something other than the ordinary. This one was made using an 8.5 x 11 sheet of white card stock. Then I scored it at 2.75 inch on each side to make the front panels. The inside panel is then 5.5 inches. The white shimmery paper is a nice accent and gives the whole card some shine. As you can see this card is covered with colored card stocks front and back. I prefer to use my white card stock as my base and then work on top of it. It makes my cards nice and sturdy and not likely to crinkle. The quilling was a nice touch for this card. I cut the strips at home and had the card made except for the quilling, then I took my little quilling kit over to my Gram's and finished the quilling there.

No comments:

>