I want this blog to INSPIRE your CREATIVE side as we EXPLORE our PASSION together!

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Quilling Experiments, Flowers & Roses


Tonight I was experimenting with more quilling techniques. I made some fringed flowers and these two toned blue and white flowers. They turned out really pretty. This was the first time I have made the center of the flower so it is actually on top of the flower tips rather than down flat with the flower. The fringed flowers were easy to make with the white center rolled into them. This picture doesn't due it justice since it was from my blackberry but when I decide how the card will be made that will have this lovely accent on the front, I will be sharing better pictures anyway. I want to start getting into more designs that use the fringed flowers mixed in. I wanted to use a scroll between the fringed flowers but I just wasn't getting it to cooperate with me so I changed to the little coils instead. The edge of this green paper was punched using a Martha Stewart Edge Punch and I like it.



A big thanks to Noor Azlina at Lin Hand Made Greeting Cards for a bit if inspiration with these spiral roses. She took the time to research videos on these and shared them on her blog. It was still hard for me to visualize these. I tried a few weeks back to make some and got so frustrated I had to give up, which isn't like me at all when it comes to crafts. I did some more consulting with Noor Azlina and figured out what size circles she uses and could see how she cuts her spiral. So...here are my first few spiral roses. I am sure they aren't quite as lovely as hers yet, but I am just getting started. At least now I know what to do and I am sure I will be able to whip them up even prettier as I go. I am thinking I might like a 1.75 inch circle to start with. Thank goodness for the circle punches.

1 comment:

Azlina Abdul said...

Oh my goodness Christina! You did it!! Yay!!!! So happy for you! The roses are beautiful! Good job!! Can't wait to see you make cards with the quilled roses :)

>