I want this blog to INSPIRE your CREATIVE side as we EXPLORE our PASSION together!

Sunday, May 23, 2010

MAG0001-Pink Tulip


My first magnet. Someone I know gave me the suggestion that I make and sell quilled magnets. I thought it was a clever idea and wouldn't be too hard to do, my only concern was how the paper would hold up. Would it snag on something or what would happen if it got splattered with good being on someone's fridge? So I decided that if I was going to do this, I had to coat it. So I made the magnet, using 5 layers of the blue paper as a base to make it thick and sturdy. I adhered everything to the base. Then I painted it with Modge Podge, which is used to make sure that everything is glued fully in place, but also has a glossy coat covering it, which can protect it. I am really happy how this turned out and it wasn't very hard to make. I am going to be having fun trying more magnets.

No comments:

>